Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
In this hands-on course, you will receive in-depth training on Wireshark® and basic communications analysis. You will develop a thorough understanding of how to use Wireshark efficiently to spot the primary sources of network performance problems.
- Filter on keywords using wildcards and regular expressions
- Filter on addresses, protocols, fields or traffic characteristics
- Create custom columns for more efficient analysis
- Find the source of delays with filters and coloring rules
- Perform unattended captures with auto-stop conditions
- Graph and compare user, subnet and application traffic
- Reassemble and extract a file from captured traffic
- Identify DNS and HTTP errors fast
- Export important packet details to .csv format
A strong foundation in TCP/IP Networking
Course includes a student guide with 15 labs, example trace files, and the book “Wireshark 101: Essential Skills for Network Analysis – Second Edition: Wireshark Solution Series” by Laura Chappell.