Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This is an introductory-level course for Users new to Tableau who will be administering a Tableau Server installation, including managing content, users, and permissions.
Tableau Server Administration is a two-day, fast paced hands-on course that provides in-depth coverage of Tableau Server administration. The knowledge and skills acquired are best geared toward those who will be administering a Tableau Server installation, including managing content, users, and permissions.
The Tableau Training Series is independent-format training that can be tuned and adjusted to best meet your needs. Our materials are flexible, comprehensive, and are always instructed by a senior instructor with a deep understanding of Tableau and its most current features, benefits and functionality in a wide array of uses. This is not Official Tableau Training.
What You’ll Learn:
Working within an engaging, hands-on learning environment led by our Tableau expert practitioner, attendees will learn to:
- User interactions with Tableau Server
- Tableau Server components
- Single-server installation
- Content administration
- Authorization and permissions
- Users, groups, and sites
- Data sources and extracts
- Schedules, tasks, and subscriptions
- Monitoring server status
- Command-line utilities and REST API
- Upgrading a single-server installation to a new version
- Modifying the authentication method
- Tableau Server Overview
- Tableau Server Architecture
- Single Server Installation
- User Experience
- Authorization and Permissions
- Data Sources, Extracts, Schedules, and Subscriptions
- Automating Server Tasks
- Monitoring Server
- Upgrading Tableau Server
- Log Files Administration
- Data Security