The DoD has announced that RMF for DoD IT will supercede the current DIACAP requirements. Revised DoD IA policies and procedures will not be published until later this year and there’s sure to be a “phase in” period.
Why should your organization be concerned about preparing for the upcoming RMF transition now?
- Get Familiarized with NIST & CNSS documentation.
- Prepare for the new RMF roles & responsibilities.
- Learn about the RMF life cycle.
- Understand continuous monitoring requirements.
- Learn the new security categorization methodology.
- Learn about the new security controls.
- Get prepared for revising documentation.
- Implement new or revised security functionality.