Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This seminar is appropriate for entry-level IT professionals with basic Windows skills and a basic understanding of computer concepts.
Our Networking Fundamentals training session establishes your solid foundation in computer networking concepts. The information you learn in this training serves as the foothold for your career in information technology. You will gain knowledge that will aid you in the identification of major networking technologies and their implementation. This seminar is a key component of your Network+ certification preparation (which happens to be on the DoD’s list of certifications for the 8570 mandate).
Associated Certifications:CompTIA’s Network+, N+
Upon successful completion of this training, students should be able to:
- Recognize basic components of network theory.
- Describe major network communications methods.
- Describe network data delivery methods.
- List and describe network media and hardware components.
- Recognize the major types of network implementations.
- Recognize the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Understand the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- List the components of a LAN implementation.
- List the components of a WAN implementation.
- Understand major issues and technologies in network security.
- Recognize the components of a remote network implementation.
- Understand major issues and technologies in disaster recovery.
- Understand major data storage technologies and implementations.
- Recognize the primary network operating systems.
- Explore tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- List how to troubleshoot network issues.
What Clients Have to Say
“Thank you both for the class and the assistance you gave us. I totally endorse ITdojo and will advise others of the fantastic training I received!! You guys provided me with what I needed to succeed!!”