Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government. This course is geared towards networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations’ networks.
In this three-day course, you will learn how to use basic FortiGate features, including security profiles.
In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect your network using security profiles such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more. These administration fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security.
After completing this course, the successful student should be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network.
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration.
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric.
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies.
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT.
- Authenticate users using firewall policies.
- Understand encryption functions and certificates.
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies.
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites.
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports.
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS).
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network.
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network.
- Implement a dial-up IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient.
- Collect and interpret log entries.
Module 1. Introduction to FortiGate and the Security Fabric
Module 2. Firewall Policies
Module 3. Network Address Translation (NAT)
Module 4. Firewall Authentication
Module 5. Logging and Monitoring
Module 6. Certificate Operations
Module 7. Web Filtering
Module 8. Application Control
Module 9. Antivirus
Module 10. Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
Module 11. SSL VPN
Module 12. Dial-Up IPsec VPN
Module 13. Data Leak Prevention (DLP)