Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
Attendees should already be familiar at a basic knowledge level with the following concepts:
- GitLab Certified Associate certification or equivalent knowledge
This class teaches GitLab for operations – admin skills, configuration, and maintaining your own GitLab instance as part of the larger IT environment.
The course is customized for your specific deployment of GitLab. It covers basic installation, configuration, and maintenance tasks for a GitLab self-managed instance. This course is not intended for gitlab.com customers.
GitLab System Administration Basic Training covers some features that are available in all three GitLab pricing tiers (Free, Premium, and Ultimate), some features that are only available in Premium and Ultimate, and a small number of features that are only available in Ultimate.
- Install GitLab
- Configure basic settings
- Add and remove users and adjust settings
- View and track user permission levels and changes made to these
- Manage user access via integrations with external authentication and authorization providers
- Configure and test optional settings and integrations
- Perform backups, restores, and upgrades
Part 1: GitLab Overview and Organization
- GitLab Workflow Components
- Planning a Project
- The Plan Stage: Project Management
- GitLab Organization – Groups, Projects, and Issues, oh my!
Part 2: GitLab Plan Stage
- Organizing the Work
- Planning the Work
- Doing the Work
- Document the Work
- GitLab Agile Planning Structures
Part 3: Planning Functions in GitLab
- Issues: The Starting Point for your Workflow
- Issues Keep Everyone Connected and Synchronized
- What Can you Expect on an Issue Page?
- Hands-On Lab: Issues and Labels
- Hands-On Lab: Quick Actions
- Why Milestones are Important
- The Use of Kanban Boards
- GitLab’s Service Desk
- Utilizing Wikis
- Hands-On Lab: Create a Wiki Page
- Hands-On Lab: Epics and Kanban Boards
- Project Management Review Quiz
- Hands-On Lab: Practice Lab 1
- Hands-On Lab: Practice Lab 2