The Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service, or eMASS, is a web-based Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) solution that automates a broad range of services for comprehensive, fully-integrated cybersecurity management, including controls scorecard measurement, dashboard reporting, and the generation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) package reports. The majority of DoD components have “standardized” on eMASS as the data repository for RMF Assessment and Authorization.
Our eMASS training course is a one-day session that truly is a foundation level class in which we provide “how to” guidance for the most commonly-used eMASS functions, including:
- System Registration
- Security Controls and Test Results
- Asset Manager
- Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
If you are looking for an advanced level eMASS class, this is not the course that you are looking for. Again, this is a foundation level training session for those new to eMASS.
Who should attend?
This course is open to government employees and contractors with an interest in eMASS, particularly those who have previously completed RMF for DoD IT training. Students who have not yet attended RMF training are encouraged to inquire about discounted pricing for a training package that includes RMF for DoD IT and eMASS Essentials.
eMASS Essentials includes “simulated live operation” of eMASS, however students are not required to have an eMASS account, or even a DoD Common Access Card (CAC), to attend.
- Getting Started
- Preparation for eMASS
- Simulation 1 – Registering a System in eMASS
- Artifacts (Documented Evidence)
- Security Controls Build-Out
- Simulation 2 – Security Controls Build-Out
- Assessment and Remediation
- Simulation 3 – Testing/Asset Manager/POA&M
- Specialized Functions in eMASS
- Other Menu Features in eMASS
- Simulation 4 – Other Menu Features in eMASS