Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/ IP protocol suite; and
- Successful completion of the Introduction to Junos Security (IJSEC) course.
This five-day course uses the Junos J-Web, CLI, Junos Space, and other user interfaces to introduce students to the concept of Juniper Connected Security. Key topics include tasks for advanced security policies, application layer security using the AppSecure suite, IPS rules and custom attack objects, Security Director management, Sky ATP management, JATP management, JSA management, Policy Enforcer management, JIMS management, Juniper Sky Enterprise usage, vSRX and cSRX usage, SSL Proxy configuration, and SRX chassis clustering configuration and troubleshooting.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations.
Junos Security (JSEC) is an intermediate-level course.
What You’ll Learn
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify security challenges in today’s networks.
- Identify products that are incorporated into the Juniper Connected Security solution.
- Explain the value of implementing security solutions.
- Explain how Juniper Connected Security solves the cyber security challenges of the future.
- Explain SRX Series session management.
- Explain Junos ALG functions and when to use them.
- Describe policy logging on the SRX series device.
- Explain security policy scheduling.
- Describe application security theory.
- Explain application signature usage in AppID.
- Describe the AppTrack service.
- Describe the AppFW service.
- Describe the AppQoS service.
- Configure security policies using the AppSecure suite of services.
- Explain unified security policies.
- Describe IPS signatures.
- Configure an IPS policy using pre-defined templates.
- Describe how to update the IPS attack object database.
- Describe IPS rules and rule bases.
- Configure custom attack objects.
- Describe Junos Space and Security Director.
- Configure policy management using Security Director.
- Describe Security Director objects.
- Explain the different licensing options for Sky ATP
- List Sky ATP’s features and benefits.
- Configure Sky ATP profiles and enroll an SRX Series device.
- Configure file scanning on Sky ATP.
- Configure Sky ATP to scan email
- Configure GeoIP on Sky ATP.
- Describe the JATP features and benefits
- List the JATP device options.
- Explain the JATP architecture.
- List 3rd party support options for JATP.
- Explain JATP SmartCore analytics processes.
- Describe Policy Enforcer configuration options.
- Describe Policy Enforcer integration with Sky ATP.
- Configure Policy Enforcer to block lateral malware movement.
- Explain Juniper Secure Analytics features and benefits.
- Describe JSA log collection.
- Describe JSA network flow collection.
- Describe the JSA Offense Management workspace.
- Explain the JSA Risk Manager features.
- Configure JSA to collect network and log collection.
- Explain the features of JIMS.
- Describe JIMS integration into the current AD network.
- Describe the Sky Enterprise service and how it can save resources.
- Explain the Sky Enterprise monitoring service.
- Explain the vSRX Series device benefits.
- Describe use cases for the vSRX.
- Explain the cSRX Series device benefits.
- Describe use cases for the cSRX.
- Describe SSL Proxy Concepts.
- Explain Forward and Reverse Proxy and the limitations of each.
- Configure both Forward and Reverse Proxy.
- Troubleshoot SSL Proxy configurations.
- Explain how to cluster the SRX Series.
- Describe chassis cluster interfaces.
- Explain advanced chassis clustering options.
- Configure chassis clustering on the vSRX.
- Troubleshoot chassis clustering on the vSRX
Who Needs to Attend
The primary audiences for this course are the following: • Operators of Juniper Networks security solutions, including network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and resellers.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: CLI Overview
- User Interface Options
- Command-Line Interface
- Initial Configuration
- Interface Configuration
- Lab 1: CLI Overview
Chapter 3: Advanced Security Policy
- Session Management
- Junos ALGs
- Policy Scheduling
- Policy Logging
- Lab 2: Advanced Security Policy
Chapter 4: Application Security Theory
- Application ID
- Application Signatures
- App Track
- App Firewall
- App QoS
- App QoE
Chapter 5: Application Security Implementation
- AppTrack Implementation
- AppFW Implementation
- AppQos Implementation
- APBR Implementation
- Lab 3: Application Security
Chapter 6: Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- IPS Overview
- IPS Policy
- Attack Objects
- IPS Configuration
- IPS Monitoring
- Lab 4: Implementing IPS
Chapter 7: Security Director
- Security Director Objects
- Security Director Policy Management
- Lab 5: Security Director
Chapter 8: Sky ATP Implementation
- Architecture and Key Components
- Features and Benefits
- Compromised Hosts
- Command and Control
- File Scanning
- E-mail Scanning
- Geo IP
- Security Policy Integration
- Lab 6: Sky ATP Implementation
Chapter 9: Policy Enforcer
- Policy Enforcer Concepts
- Configuration Options
- Policy Enforcer Installation
- Lab 7: Policy Enforcer
Chapter 10: JATP Overview
- Traffic Inspection
- Threat Detection
- Threat Analysis
- JATP Architecture
Chapter 11: JATP Implementation
- Data Collectors
- Configure SmartCore Analytics Engine
- Log Ingestion
- Incident Management
- SRX Threat Prevention
- 3rd Party support for Threat Prevention
- Lab 8: JATP
Chapter 12: Juniper Secure Analytics (JSA)
- JSA Overview
- Data Collection
- Log Analytics
- Threat Analytics
- Vulnerability Management
- Risk Management
- Lab 9: JSA
Chapter 13: JIMS
- JIMS Overview
- JIMS Integration
- Lab 10: JIMS
Chapter 14: vSRX and cSRX
- vSRX Overview
- vSRX Supported Features
- vSRX Use Cases
- cSRX Overview
- Lab 11: vSRX Installation
Chapter 15: SSL Proxy
- SSL Proxy Overview
- SSL Concepts
- SSL Proxy Configurations
LI>Lab 12: SSL Proxy
Chapter 16: Cluster Concepts
- Chassis Cluster Concepts
- Chassis Cluster Operation
Chapter 17: Chassis Cluster Implementation
- Chassis Cluster Configuration
- Chassis Cluster Advanced Options
- Lab 13: Chassis Cluster Implementation
Chapter 18: Chassis Cluster Troubleshooting
- Chassis Cluster Case Studies
- Troubleshooting Examples
- Lab 14: Chassis Cluster Troubleshooting
Appendix A: Juniper Sky Enterprise
Appendix B: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces