The IPv6 Fundamentals, Design, and Deployment v4.0 course is an updated instructor-led course that is presented by Cisco Learning Partners to their end-user customers and partners.
This five-day course aims at providing network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise and government sectors with the knowledge and skills that are needed to study and configure Cisco IOS-XE Software IPv6 features.
The course provides the following:
- Overview of IPv6 technologies
- IPv6 design and implementation
- IPv6 operations include: addressing, routing and transitionary methods
- Deployment of IPv6 in enterprise, government and service provider networks
- Case studies useful for deployment scenarios
- Current standards for deploying IPv6 in a single stack or dual stack environment
Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent skillset
What You’ll Learn
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the factors that led to the development of IPv6 and possible uses of this new IP structure.
- Describe the structure of the IPv6 address format, how IPv6 interacts with data link layer technologies, and how IPv6 is supported in Cisco IOS XE Software.
- Implement IPv6 services and applications.
- Understand the updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies.
- Understand multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics.
- Evaluate the scenario and desired outcome and identify the best transition mechanism for the situation.
- Describe security issues, how security for IPv6 is different than for IPv4, and emerging practices for IPv6-enabled networks.
- Describe the deployment strategies with cloud providers and emerging technologies.
- Module 1: Introduction to IPv6
- Module 2: IPv6 Operations
- Module 3: IPv6 Services
- Module 4: IPv6-Enabled Routing Protocols
- Module 5: Troubleshooting IPv6 and IPv6 Protocols
- Module 6: IPv6 Multicast Services
- Module 7: IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Module 8: IPv6 Security
- Module 9: Deploying IPv6
- Module 10: IPv6 Case Studies
Labs are designed to assure learners a whole practical experience, through the following practical activities:
- Discovery Lab 1: Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
- Discovery Lab 2: Using Neighbor Discovery
- Discovery Lab 3: Using Prefix Delegation
- Discovery Lab 4: Deploy HSRP for IPv6
- Discovery Lab 5: Routing with OSPFv3
- Discovery Lab 6: Routing with EIGRP
- Discovery Lab 7: Routing with BGP and MP-BGP
- Discovery Lab 8: Troubleshooting Tickets 1 – 9
- Discovery Lab 9: Multicasting
- Discovery Lab 10: Configure NAT64 Services
- Discovery Lab 11: Configure NAT64 Dynamic Services
- Discovery Lab 12: Configure DNS64 Services – Demo
- Discovery Lab 13: Configure Advanced ACLs
- Discovery Lab 14: Implementing IPsec and IKE
- Discovery Lab 15: Troubleshooting Tickets 10 – 12