Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a revolutionary technology that enables businesses to automate routine, repetitive tasks, freeing human resources to focus on more creative, value-added functions. By learning and implementing RPA in your organization, you can increase efficiency, reduce errors, and maximize productivity. The course primarily utilizes UiPath, an industry-leading RPA tool, with its powerful capabilities to create and manage bots, helping you spearhead transformative projects in your organization.
The RPA Boot Camp is a three-day, hands-on course that dives deep into RPA’s core concepts, techniques, and the use of UiPath. By actively participating in engaging lectures, hands-on labs, and group discussions, you’ll gain a robust understanding of Robotic Process Automation, Recording and Play, Sequencing, Flowcharting, and Control Flow, Data Manipulation, Managing Controls, Utilizing Plugins and Extensions, Handling User Events and Assistant Bots, Exception Handling, Debugging, and Logging, and finally, Code Management and Bot Deployment.
Guided by our expert instructor, you’ll gain hands-on experience learning how to automate business processes using UiPath, and how to apply this directly to your role in improving organizational efficiency. You’ll also learn how to manage and manipulate data effectively, and become adept at handling exceptions, debugging, and logging, which are key competencies for any developer to maintain and enhance the robustness and reliability of automated workflows. The labs also provide opportunities to manipulate data, manage controls, and explore different plugins and extensions.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a comprehensive understanding of Robotic Process Automation and its implementation using UiPath, and have the confidence to apply these skills on the job. You’ll be equipped with the knowledge and practical skills to automate business processes, manage data effectively, handle exceptions, debug and log activities, manage and maintain code, and deploy bots.
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, with extensive practical exercises designed to reinforce fundamental skills, concepts and best practices taught throughout the course. Working in a hands-on learning environment, led by our Automation Learning expert instructor, students will explore:
- Gain a thorough understanding of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and its applications using UiPath, setting a solid foundation for future learning and application.
- Learn to record and play in UiPath Studio, a key skill that enables automating complex tasks in a user-friendly environment.
- Master the art of designing and controlling workflows using Sequencing, Flowcharting, and Control Flow, helping to streamline and manage automation processes effectively.
- Acquire practical skills in data manipulation, from variable management to CSV/Excel and data table conversions, empowering you to handle data-rich tasks with confidence.
- Develop competence in managing controls and exploring various plugins and extensions, providing a broader toolkit for handling diverse automation projects.
- Get hands-on experience with exception handling, debugging, logging, code management, and bot deployment, fundamental skills that ensure your automated processes are reliable and efficient.
- How to deploy and control Bots with UiPath Orchestrator
What is Robotic Process Automation?
- Act on controls – mouse and keyboard activities
- Working with UiExplorer
- Handling events
- Revisit recorder
- Screen Scraping
- When to use OCR
- Types of OCR available
- How to use OCR
- Avoiding typical failure points
2. Tame that Application with Plugins and Extensions
- Terminal plugin
- SAP automation
- Java plugin
- Citrix automation
- Mail plugin
- PDF plugin
- Web integration
- Excel and Word plugins
- Credential management
- Extensions – Java, Chrome, Firefox, and Silverlight
3. Handling User Events and Assistant Bots
- What are assistant bots?
- Monitoring system event triggers
- Monitoring image and element triggers
- Launching an assistant bot on a keyboard event
4. Exception Handling, Debugging, and Logging
- Exception handling
- Common exceptions and ways to handle them
- Logging and taking screenshots
- Debugging techniques
- Collecting crash dumps
- Error reporting
5. Managing and Maintaining the Code
- Project organization
- Nesting workflows
- Reusability of workflows
- Commenting techniques
- State Machine
- When to use Flowcharts, State Machines, or Sequences
- Using config files and examples of a config file
- Integrating a TFS server
6. Deploying and Maintaining the Bot
- Publishing using publish utility
- Overview of Orchestration Server
- Using Orchestration Server to control bots
- Using Orchestration Server to deploy bots
- License management
- Publishing and managing updates