Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
Our engaging Machine Learning Essentials Boot Camp is a comprehensive workshop style program designed to provide you with expert level guidance deep diving the latest skills, tools and trends in AI and machine learning, from the ground up. Throughout the program you’ll learn how to leverage and apply the latest tech to help you master and transform your data, build efficient models and simplify complex tasks using this innovative tech to your advantage.
This course is typically run as a three-day program, but can also be structured as a multi-week short course event at the convenience of your team or organization. Each program section drills down on a core skill that is fully wrapped with meaningful business examples, data sets, hands-on labs and uses cases focused completely on real-world application. Once you’ve mastered the essentials skills, we revisit the core topics and apply the latest tools and tech in AI to show you how to maximize efficiency and productivity, saving you countless hours on every project. It’s critical to understand the backbone and structure of your work before jumping into leveraging AI tooling, as you need to understand your project input, goals, and desired outcomes in order to use these technologies correctly to create accurate, trusted results.
Throughout the course, you’ll explore key skills and concepts including regression analysis, binary and multiclass classification, model performance, generalization, hyperparameter tuning, and feature engineering, among others. You’ll also gain practical experience dealing with imbalanced datasets, implementing dimensionality reduction techniques, and understanding ensemble learning methods. The course is rich with hands-on useful labs and group activities that focus on core skills, problem solving techniques and real-world application using data-driven solutions and best practices. You’ll leave the course ready to jump into any machine learning project in a meaningful way, able to design, train, evaluate, and fine-tune powerful machine learning models right out of the gate, using the most efficient tools, tech and best practices available today.
The Ultimate Learning Experience: LXP
The Machine Learning Boot Camp is guided in real-time by an engaging expert instructor, and presented across our robust online Learning Experience Platform (LXP). The user-friendly environment centralizes all program materials, hands-on labs, data sets, assessments, software, presentation system access and other resources, in one easy access system. The LXP also includes our unique CodeCoach.AI, our internally-developed, secure and private closed system expert training assistant. It relies on only the trusted curated relevant data it’s been trained upon, minus the security risk, privacy issues or AI hallucinations that can occur using open GPT based bots. This total learning solution blends the best of both worlds, combining top live instruction with valuable online resources, secure AI support, practical activities and true skills guidance.
Our experts help you dive deep into essential tech skills, navigate through challenges, and prepare you to use what you’ve learned with confidence, and the platform provides you with the path and resources for long term success.
Some of the core topics you’ll explore include:
- Regression Analysis: Master the technique to understand and predict the relationship between dependent and independent variables.
- Binary and Multiclass Classification: Learn to categorize data into distinct categories or classes.
- Hyperparameter Tuning: Fine-tune machine learning algorithms to optimize their performance.
- Feature Engineering: Acquire the skill to select and transform variables to improve model accuracy.
- Handling Imbalanced Datasets: Develop strategies to work with datasets where target classes are unevenly distributed.
- Dimensionality Reduction: Grasp methods to reduce the number of random variables and ensure models are efficient.
- Ensemble Learning: Understand how to combine multiple models to enhance prediction accuracy.
- Model Evaluation: Become adept at assessing the performance of machine learning algorithms.
- Python Programming for AI: Gain proficiency in utilizing Python for building AI-driven applications.
- Generalization Techniques: Learn to build models that perform well on unseen data.
- Data Preprocessing: Understand techniques for cleaning, transforming, and normalizing raw data for optimal model training.
- Advanced Algorithms: Dive deep into sophisticated machine learning algorithms to tackle complex data tasks.
- Ethics in AI and Machine Learning: Explore and emphasize the ethical considerations, security and privacy issues in Ai and Machine Learning.
- Using ChatGPT and Other Tools: Using relevant AI tools to increase efficiency and productivity
- Building a Complete AI Driven Application: You’ll also have a hands-on experience building an AI app in a capstone project.
If your group requires other topics or specific business use cases, labs or data sets, we can adjust the content or labs to best suit your needs and goals.
- Introduction and Regression
- Understanding the Python ecosystem for data science
- Review of Python libraries relevant to data science
- Basics of regression analysis
- Linear regression in Python
- Multiple regression analysis
- Hands-on Lab: Regression Analysis with Python
- Classification and Cluster Analysis
- Understand and implement binary and multiclass classification.
- Implement and assess the quality of a cluster analysis.
- Logistic regression for binary classification
- Performance metrics for binary classification
- Hands-On Lab: Binary Classification
- Overview of multiclass classification
- Understanding and implementing RandomForest
- Hands-On Lab: Multiclass Classification with RandomForest
- Introduction to cluster analysis
- K-Means clustering in Python
- Assessing cluster quality
- Hands-On Lab: Cluster Analysis
- Model Performance, Generalization, and Hyperparameter Tuning
- Evaluate model performance using relevant metrics.
- Understand and implement techniques for model generalization.
- Learn about hyperparameters and methods for tuning them.
- Understanding confusion matrix, precision, recall, F1 score
- ROC and AUC analysis
- Hands-On Lab: Model Performance Assessment
- Understanding overfitting and underfitting
- Cross-validation for model generalization
- Hands-On Lab: Model Generalization Techniques
- Introduction to hyperparameters and their importance
- Grid search and random search for hyperparameter tuning
- Hands-On Lab: Hyperparameter Tuning with Python
- Model Interpretation, Dataset Analysis, Data Preparation
- Learn techniques for interpreting model coefficients and understanding feature importance.
- Hands-On Lab: Machine Learning Model Interpretation
- Techniques for data exploration and visualization
- Learn methods for data exploration, visualization, univariate, and multivariate analysis.
- Hands-On Lab: Dataset Analysis with Python
- Dealing with missing values
- Outlier detection and handling
- Encoding categorical variables
- Hands-On Lab: Data Preparation with Python
- Feature Engineering, Imbalanced Datasets, Dimensionality Reduction, and Ensemble Learning
- Learn techniques for feature engineering and handling imbalanced datasets.
- Understand and implement dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Hands-On Lab: Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction
- Learn about ensemble learning methods and their implementation.
- Implementing ensemble learning methods
- Hands-On Lab: Ensemble Learning with Python
- Capstone Project / Workshop
- Students will build their own AI investor using Python. Students will gain an understanding of the stock market approach from a purely data driven perspective, and will use that to build a stock investor. Students will be able to customize the investor (aggressive or defensive).
- Hands-On Lab: Project Workshop
- Apply learned techniques to a given problem statement.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and improve model performance.
- OPTIONAL / Additional Time Required / Project Presentations and Course Wrap-Up
- Present the final project and receive feedback.
- Review the key learning outcomes from the course.