Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
Prompt engineering is the process of designing and refining input prompts to get desired output from advanced language models, such as OpenAI Codex or GPT-4. It involves creating effective questions or statements that guide the AI model to generate useful responses for a specific task or purpose, like enhancing customer support, generating content, and fine-tuning sales pitches, making it an essential skill set for a wide range of business applications.
Quick Start to Prompt Engineering for Everyday Business Users is a one-day, workshop style hands-on course that where you’ll learn how to create effective prompts, integrate prompt engineering solutions into existing workflows, and uncover advanced techniques and best practices. Guided by our engaging, expert instructor, you’ll experiment with innovative tools and develop practical skills that can be immediately applied to a variety of projects. Whether you’re aiming to enhance customer interactions, simplify content creation, or refine internal communication, this immersive learning experience will equip you with the knowledge to make a meaningful impact on your organization.
By the end of this course, you’ll have developed the ability to create, refine, and optimize prompts for various business applications, integrate prompt engineering solutions into your workflows, and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field. With these newfound skills, you’ll be well-prepared to drive improvements and efficiencies across your organization, all while having fun along the way.
NOTE: Software developers might consider the alternative QuickStart to Prompt Engineering for Developers (TTAI2020) (1 day) as an alternative.
Working in an interactive learning environment, led by our engaging expert, you will:
- Get comfortable with the basics of prompt engineering and discover how it can make a difference in various business tasks, such as enhancing customer support, creating content, and fine-tuning sales pitches.
- Develop the knack for crafting, refining, and perfecting prompts suited to specific business situations by understanding context, user intent, and what makes a prompt great.
- Learn how to smoothly incorporate prompt engineering solutions into your existing business workflows, including pinpointing the right processes, integrating with your current software, and keeping data privacy and security in check.
- Become proficient in advanced techniques and best practices in prompt engineering, like making use of APIs, customizing language models, and collaborating with your teammates across different departments.
Keep up with the latest developments in prompt engineering and be ready to adapt to changing business needs and trends, ensuring that you stay relevant and continue to grow in the dynamic business world.
- Introduction to Prompt Engineering
- Understand the fundamentals of prompt engineering and its applications in the business world.
- What is prompt engineering?
- Importance of prompt engineering in business
- Key concepts and terminology
- Examples of prompt engineering in business scenarios
- Overview of popular prompt engineering tools (e.g., OpenAI Codex, GPT-4)
- Activity: Hands-on exploration of prompt engineering tools: Participants will engage in a fun scavenger hunt activity, where they will experiment with different prompt engineering tools to answer a set of questions.
- Business Lab: Exploring business applications of prompt engineering tools: Participants will explore various prompt engineering tools by working on real-world business scenarios, such as drafting email responses or generating meeting agendas.
- Developing Effective Prompts
- Learn how to create and refine prompts for a variety of business applications.
- Anatomy of a good prompt
- Understanding context and user intent
- Techniques for prompt iteration and optimization
- Generating specific and creative responses
- Handling sensitive information and biases
- Activity: Prompt development workshop: Participants will practice developing and refining prompts in a collaborative, game-like environment, where they will compete to create the most effective prompts for given business scenarios.
- Business Lab: Tailoring prompts for customer support: Participants will develop and refine prompts designed to address common customer support inquiries, simulating a chatbot or email support system to improve customer satisfaction.
- Integrating Prompt Engineering into Business Processes
- Discover how to incorporate prompt engineering solutions into existing workflows.
- Identifying business processes that can benefit from prompt engineering
- Integrating prompt engineering with existing software and tools
- Evaluating the success and impact of prompt engineering solutions
- Ensuring data privacy and security
- Scaling prompt engineering solutions across an organization
- Activity: Business process integration simulation: Participants will work in teams to create a plan for integrating a prompt engineering solution into a simulated business process, with a focus on creativity and practicality.
- Business Lab: Streamlining content creation with prompt engineering: Participants will work in teams to integrate a prompt engineering solution into a content creation workflow, such as drafting marketing materials or internal documentation.
- Advanced Techniques and Best Practices
- Gain insights into advanced techniques and best practices for prompt engineering in a business context.
- Leveraging APIs for prompt engineering
- Customizing and fine-tuning language models
- Adapting to changing business requirements and trends
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Staying up-to-date with prompt engineering advancements
- Activity: Advanced prompt engineering challenge: Participants will take part in a friendly competition, using advanced techniques to solve complex business-related prompt engineering challenges.
- Business Lab: Optimizing a sales pitch with prompt engineering: Participants will use advanced techniques to create and refine prompts that generate personalized sales pitches or product recommendations based on customer data and preferences.