Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
Introduction to AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning Essentials is an engaging, hands-on training program designed to provide students new to these areas with a baseline understanding of the core technologies, skills, business application and tools surrounding them. These fast growing, critical technologies are currently shaping the future of IT, development and analytics.
This program combines hands-on machine-based labs, live demonstrations and discussions that explore current trends, tools and skills, as well as advances in these areas. Working in a hands-on manner, attendees will gain a basic understanding of terms, skills and capabilities in this technology stack, providing them with a solid foundation for next-step learning as they pursue defined roles in these areas.
Led by our expert AI / Machine Learning practitioner, students will learn about and explore:
- The What and Why of AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning – why is this important and exciting?
- Getting the Basics: High-level skills, vocabulary and terminology
- AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning – what are the differences and uses?
- Latest trends and research
- Who’s Using It and to What Advantage?
- How to adopt AI, ML and DL
- Hands-on Machine Learning – algorithms, neural networks, natural language processing & more
- Tools and Languages: Python, R, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras
- Deep Learning Essentials
Exploring Data Science – The Foundation of AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning
- What is Data Science?
- New Ways of Thinking about and using Data
- Challenges of processing
- Where does data science fit in?
- DS ecosystem – AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Data and the Scientific Method
- Data Science vs. Data Engineering
- Sharing Results with Colleagues
- Recording experiments
- The Data Science Team members
- Data Science Infrastructure
- Current Tools, Trends & Technologies
- Applying Data Science to Your Industry
- AI – How did we get here?
- Recent advances in data, hardware
- Cutting edge research and applications
- Getting the basics: Core terms and vocabulary
Understanding Machine Learning
- Who is leveraging this and why
- Overview of ML – what’s the difference?
- Related examples of ML algorithms and applications
- Surrounding tools and technologies: Python and Spark
- Supervised vs. Unsupervised
- Dimensionality Regression
- Ensemble Methods
Understanding Deep Learning
- What is it, and how is this different than AI and ML?
- Who’s using Deep Learning and Why
- Deep Learning algorithms and applications
- Surrounding tools and technologies: Python, TensorFlow, Keras
- Rules Systems
- Feedback loops
- RETE and beyond
- Expert Systems in practice
- Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Long-Short Term Memory Networks
- Applying Neural Networks
Natural Language Processing
- Language and Semantic Meaning
- Bigrams, Trigrams, and n-Grams
- Root stemming and branching
- NLP in the world
Image, Video, and Audio Processing
- Image processing and Identification
- Facial Analysis
- Audio Processing
- Analyzing Streaming Video
- Real-world AV processing
- Sentiment: The beginnings of emotional understanding
- Sentiment indicators
- Sentiment Sampling
- Algorithmic Trading on Sentiment
- Predicting Elections
Current Tools of the Trade – AI, ML & DL – Software Ecosystem
- Python, NumPy, Pandas, SciKit
- Hadoop and Spark
- NoSQL Databases
- TensorFlow, Keras, and NLTK
- Cloud offerings
Making it Happen: How to Adopt AI & ML in Enterprises
- Technology stack
- Assembling an effective team
- Process – how does this all come together
- Best Practices – what do your people need to succeed
Resources – where to find more information
Time Permitting: Capstone Project
- Hands-on guided workshop utilizing skills learned throughout the course