The information below was copied and pasted from VMware’s site.
Which course is right for me?
When choosing which VMware vSphere® 5.X training course is right for you, consider your learning objectives, level of familiarity with VMware technologies, the vSphere features you are most interested in and the amount of time you have available for training.
Through our partner we use VMware Education Services and provide several options that allow you to cost-effectively train a few professionals or a large, geographically diverse audience. Our expert instructors bring real-world experiences and best practices to our classrooms – real or virtual.
Course Content Comparison
|VMware vSphere Feature|
Fast Track 5.X
|Thin Provisioned Disks|
|Storage APIs for Data Protection|
|vCenter Server Appliance|
|vSphere Storage Appliance|
|vSphere Management Assistant|
|Storage APIs for Multipathing|
|Distributor Resources Scheduler|
|Distributed Power Management|
|Profile Driven Storage|
Breadth vs. Depth
- While both courses give an excellent foundation, Fast Track has 10 additional instructional hours spread over five days. In those extra hours, students take a deeper dive into feature details.
- The Fast Track course includes 12 more hands-on labs and covers 11 additional features than the Install, Configure, Manage course.
- Both courses meet the prerequisites for VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) certification exam and help prepare attendees for the required exam.
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.X] attendees receive a free VCP5-DCV exam voucher when the course is delivered by VMware. Vouchers are valid for 90 days.
- Both courses are offered as instructor-led in a classroom or Live Online
- Private on-site training also available
This information taken from https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=35920&ui=www_edu