Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This is an Intermediate and beyond-level Tableau course geared for experienced Tableau users who wish to leverage Tableau’s more advanced capabilities.
Geared for experienced Tableau users with data analysis background and interests, Advanced Tableau is a two-day, lab intensive hands-on course that deep dives into next-level data analytics using Tableau. Students will explore: Data Visualization with Tableau from basics to advanced, Data Organization and Scripting, Visualization, Playing with Time Dimension, Incremental Loading and Blending, and Integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop.
NOTE: The Tableau Training Series is independent-format training that can be tuned and adjusted to best meet your needs. Our materials are flexible, comprehensive, and are always instructed by a senior instructor with a deep understanding of Tableau and its most current features, benefits and functionality in a wide array of uses. This is not Official Tableau Training.
What You’ll Learn:
This course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, with multiple practical exercises designed to reinforce core skills and concepts taught throughout the course. Students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, hands-on lab exercises, and lab review. This course is “skills-centric”, designed to train attendees in essential Tableau data handling functions and reporting skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest practices.
Working within an engaging, hands-on learning environment led by our Tableau expert practitioner, attendees will learn to:
- Understand why Data Visualization is Needed
- Connect to the databases and make basic charts and graphs.
- Make Advance Charts and Graphs.
- Learn scripting functionality and organizing data for effective results.
- Learn about more advanced visualizations for various analytical requirements
- Create Time based calculations.
- Use location analytics capabilities to put geographic and other spatial context to your analysis.
- Blend and arrange your data from multiple source systems for effective analysis.
- Learn how to Integrate Tableau with R and Hadoop, Statistical Analytics, and social media analytics.
- Work in real time environment for Tableau Projects. one mini project will be provided with business scenarios.
- Understand the requirement and creating various dashboards, story boards, deploying your dashboards for the project.
1. Introduction to Data Visualization with Tableau: Why Data Visualization is Needed
2. Basic Visualization Design: Connect to the databases and make basic charts and graphs.
3. Visualizations Deep Dive: Make Advance Charts and Graphs.
4. Data Organization and Scripting: Learn scripting functionality and organizing data for effective results.
5. The World is Your Visualization: Learn about more advanced visualizations for various analytical requirements
6. Playing with Time Dimension: Create Time based calculations.
7. What is Your Location?: Location analytics capabilities to put geographic And other spatial context to your analysis.
8. Incremental Loading and Blending: Blend and arrange your data from multiple source systems for effective analysis.
9. Integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop: Integration of Tableau with R and Hadoop, Statistical Analytics, and social media analytics.
10. Case Study – Optional Sharing Insights with Enterprise Dashboards:
Work in real time environment for Tableau Projects. one mini project will be provided with business scenarios. Understand the requirement and creating various dashboards, story boards, deploying your dashboards