Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This class is for managers who are seeking to become more effective, build better relationships and help their organization succeed.
National surveys* of thousands of employees disclosed that while many people work hard, they are worried about their lack of effectiveness. Survey results indicate:
- Less than 50% of your team’s time is spent on the company’s most important objectives
- Only 14% of employees feel they are contributing to company success
- Less than half of your team know company’s goals
*Results of xQ Surveys conducted by Harris Interactive
The problems are not limited to one industry, one geographic location, one economic group or even one age group. They are common to all. Workers have too many assigned tasks and too many competing priorities. People can’t identify key goals and, therefore, can’t deliver excellent results. Individuals, even entire departments, lack open communication. Crises are often reacted to with fast, less-than-effective decisions. The good news is that changing ineffective behaviors to effective behaviors will benefit everyone in your organization. The 7 Habits® can not only help you to better manage yourself, but learn to lead others and unleash team potential. Attend this powerful 2-day workshop and discover the same principles that have led the world’s foremost business leaders to the professional and business success they dreamed of.
How You Will Benefit:
- Define the contribution you want to make and what you want to accomplish as a manager
- Enhance your leadership abilities and reach your full potential
- Judge the goals your efforts should be focused on using daily and weekly planning
- Communicate effectively and raise the levels of trust and fulfillment within your team
What is Covered:
- Habit 1: Be Proactive—Become a resourceful, innovative manager who quickly accomplishes goals and motivates team members to get things done
- Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind—Have a clear vision of what you want your contribution as a manager to be and shape your own future
- Habit 3: Put First Things First—Focus on top priorities and be regarded for follow-through and organizational skills; eliminate the unimportant
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win—Cultivate enthusiasm with performance measurements that satisfy both employee and employer goals; share recognition and success
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then Be Understood—Give honest, accurate feedback that develops trust and understand the physical components of communication and how they impact the message
- Habit 6: Synergize—Understand how differences can contribute to innovative solutions; maximize opinions, perspectives and backgrounds
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw—Maintain and increase effectiveness by renewing yourself mentally and physically
Before attending, you will receive The 7 Habits for Managers Warm-Up, which should be completed and brought to the seminar.
Attendees will receive:
- Participant Guidebook—a manual filled with examples and exercises
- Management Essentials—a book of resources for dealing with management challenges