Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This class is for anyone who wants to learn how to apply the power of effectiveness for greater success in their business and personal lives, and feel more satisfied with what they accomplish each day.
No matter how capable a person you are, you will not have sustained and lasting success unless you are able to effectively lead yourself, influence, engage, and collaborate with others—and continuously improve and renew your capabilities. The seven habits of highly effective people are at the heart of team, organizational, and personal effectiveness.
Renowned as the world’s premier personal leadership development and training program, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People aligns timeless principles of personal effectiveness with the relevancy of today’s practices as well as modern technology. The new Signature 4.0 seminar takes the 7 Habits teachings to a whole new level. The new 7 habits seminar by AMA includes even more tools and processes to help you live and apply the 7 Habits, including more than 30 new, world-class videos, a new Living the 7 Habits mobile app, new Skill and Practice cards with 20 new 7 Habits practices, and much more.
How You Will Benefit:
- Execute critical priorities with laser-like focus and careful planning
- End self-defeating behavior and gain the necessary security you need to change
- Develop strong relationships based on mutual trust
- Be prepared to deal with difficult circumstances before they happen
- Know how to increase team engagement, morale, and collaboration
- Apply a framework for developing core values and creating a highly effective culture
- Recognize how to develop high-potential leaders who model competence and character
What is Covered:
PARADIGMS AND PRINCIPLES OF PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS:
- Assess paradigms and align to principles of personal effectiveness
HABIT 1: BE PROACTIVE®
- Assume responsibility, focus and act on what can be controlled and influenced, instead of what can’t
HABIT 2: BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND®
- Define clear measures of success and a plan to achieve them
HABIT 3: PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST®
- Prioritize and achieve your most important goals, instead of constantly reacting to urgencies
HABIT 4: THINK WIN-WIN®
- Collaborate more effectively with others by building high-trust relationships of mutual benefit
HABIT 5: SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD®
- Influence others by developing a deep understanding of their needs and perspectives
HABIT 6: SYNERGIZE®
- Develop innovative solutions that leverage diversity and satisfy all key stakeholders
HABIT 7: SHARPEN THE SAW®
- Increase motivation, energy, and work/life balance by making time for renewing activities
The 7 Habits® Assessment—A questionnairethat you can take as a self-assessment or as a 360ᵒ assessment to gather feedback from your manager, direct reports, and peers who work closely enough with you to assess your individual effectiveness.
ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE:
– Participant Guide
– 7 Habits Skill and Practice cards
– Weekly Big Rocks Cards
– 7 X 7 Contract
– Attendees will also have access to a newly-developed Living the 7 Habits mobile app