Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This program is designed for newly promoted supervisors with less than one year of experience in this position; process and production supervisors who want to enhance their effectiveness through supervisor training.
Feel empowered to hit the ground running with the skills learned in this course. Be ready to take on any task and bring your best self to the job, while adopting new habits that will quickly get you on the path to greater success.
In this high-impact, 2-day seminar, our faculty will help new supervisors like you avoid common pitfalls. Get the secrets and essential skills of managing people, from delivering corrective feedback and coaching to conflict resolution and delegation. With expertly guided hands-on practice, you’ll gain confidence and know-how you can use right away. You’ll also develop a personalized game plan mapping the steps to help you reap the rewards of being a new supervisor.
How You Will Benefit:
- Create a new game plan for growth
- Let go of your former role and establish your credibility
- Adjust your behavioral style to give yourself a winning edge
- Use the instant feedback model to build a successful coaching relationship
- Control your emotions and think strategically when dealing with conflicts
- Be definite and decisive in managing and protecting your time
What is Covered:
- Setting yourself up for success
- Making a change and letting go of your old role
- Meeting the expectations of key stakeholders, including your boss, direct reports, senior management and former peers
- Conducting a gap analysis to determine how to meet critical expectations Leveraging your behavioral style with the Personal Style (PSI) Assessment
- Flexing your personal style to build more effective relationships
- Setting up goals to get you to the next level of performance
- Managing employee performance and training your employees
- Delivering supportive and corrective feedback to your employees
- Managing conflict and disagreement with greater ease
- Turning conflicts into positive change
- Applying techniques to diffuse conflicts
- Applying techniques to delegate work to your team
- Developing a delegation plan to use with team members
- Managing and protecting your time
- Identifying three high-impact action items for immediate attention back at work