Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This course is perfect for experienced developers who are responsible for managing big data transformations including:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, Systems Operations professionals, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform
This three-day instructor-led class introduces you to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, you will explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and applications services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
What You’ll Learn:
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions
- Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies
- Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications
- Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns
1. Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Role of the Cloud Architect
- Learn about Solution Domains as an approach to design
2. Virtual Networks
- Cloud Virtual Networks (CVN), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules
- Subnetworks for resource management instead of physical network topology
3. Virtual Machines
- GCE, tags, VM options, vCPUs, disk options, images, and special features of persistent disks for VMs
4. Cloud IAM
- Members, roles, organizations, account administration, and service accounts
5. Resource Management
- Billing, Quotas, Labels, Names, and Cloud Resource Manager
6. Data Services
- Cloud Storage, Datastore, Bigtable, and Cloud SQL
7. Interconnecting Networks
- VPNs, Cloud Router, Cloud Interconnect, Direct Peering, and Cloud DNS
8. Infrastructure Automation
- Infrastructure automation, custom images, startup and shutdown scripts and metadata, Deployment Manager, and Cloud Launcher
- Load Balancing, Instance Groups, and Autoscaler.
10. Resource Monitoring
- Stackdriver, Monitoring, Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, and Debugging
- Containers, Google Container Engine (GKE), and Container Registry
12. Platform Security
- Learn about Google’s layered security strategy that uses a multi-faceted approach to provide platform security services and benefits
13. Managed Services
- Dataproc, Dataflow, BigQuery, and Datalab
14. Application Development Infrastructure
- GAE, Cloud SDK, Dev Tools, Cloud Source Repos, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Endpoints, and APIgee, Cloud Functions
- Lab: Console and Cloudshell
- Lab: Virtual Networking.
- Lab: Cloud IAM.
- Lab: Lab Billing.
- Lab: Cloud Storage.
- Lab: Cloud SQL.
- Lab: VPN and Cloud Router.
- Lab: Hadoop Cluster Maker.
- Lab: Virtual Machine.
- Lab: Autoscaling.
- Lab: Resource Monitoring (Stackdriver).
- Lab: BigQuery and Datalab.