Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking (which can be gained by taking TCP/IP Networking)
- TCP/IP Networking
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]
The VMware vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage course demonstrates to technical personnel how to deploy VMware vCloud® Director™ for a small private cloud environment and manage the ongoing operation of the deployment. The course focuses on the private cloud in an engineering or quality assurance solution. The course covers all of the fundamentals needed to install, configure, and manage any small private cloud with vCloud Director. This course is the prerequisite for other courses that cover more advanced vCloud Director configurations in enterprise deployments. course demonstrates to technical personnel how to deploy VMware vCloud® Director™ for a small private cloud environment and manage the ongoing operation of the deployment. The course focuses on the private cloud in an engineering or quality assurance solution. The course covers all of the fundamentals needed to install, configure, and manage any small private cloud with vCloud Director. This course is the prerequisite for other courses that cover more advanced vCloud Director configurations in enterprise deployments.
Who should attend
- Systems engineers
- Data center administrators
- Cloud Administrators
- Cloud Engineers
- Deploy vCloud Director.
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy small private cloud business needs.
- Configure VMware vSphere® storage to enable multiple tiers in provider virtual datacenters.
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs.
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs.
- Configure networking for organizations and VMware vSphere® vApp(s)™.
- Interface vCloud Director to Microsoft Active Directory servers.
- Understand the interactions between VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ (DRS) clusters and vCloud Director.
Detailed Course Outline
1. Course Introduction
- Review course goals
- Review course objectives
- Review the course outline
- Recognize vCloud Director Essentials/Fundamentals course elements
2. VMware vCloud Director Architecture and Components
- Describe how VMware products use the cloud computing approach
- Review vCloud Director components and explain their functions
- Examine integration with other VMware products such as VMware® vCenter™ Chargeback™ and VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™
- Determine the licensing needs
3. VMware vCloud Networking
- Describe the network types available in vCloud Director
- Discuss the organization and vApp network traffic choices
- Describe the function of network pools
- Explain how to share content between organizations and vApps
4. VMware vCloud Providers
- Identify storage resources for vCloud Director
- Configure and manage storage for providers
- Examine provider space allocation to an organization
- Recognize VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® issues
- Manage storage requirements for linked clones and shadow virtual machines
5. VMware vCloud Director Organizations
- Create and manage organizations
- Recognize resource allocations for an organization
- Create and manage catalogs
6. Basic Security
- Describe role based access
- Create custom security roles
- Describe and configure LDAP integration with Microsoft Active Directory
- Describe single sign-on
7. Managing Cloud Resources
- Understand and identify how vSphere fulfills vCloud Director requests
- Manage provider and organization virtual datacenters
8. Managing VMware vSphere Resources
- Manage VMware® vCenter Server™ instances
- Manage VMware vSphere® ESXi™ hosts
- Manage vSphere datastores
- Managing stranded items
- Configuring and managing resource pools at the vSphere level
9. Monitoring VMware vCloud Components
- Monitor usage information at provider and organization virtual datacenters
- Analyze vCloud Director logs to monitor vCloud Director cells
10. Organization Users
- Describe the catalog tasks available to organization users of various roles
- Describe the vApp tasks available to organization users of various roles
11. VMware vCloud Director Installation
- Describe the required prerequisites for a vCloud Director installation
- Install vCloud Director
What Clients Have to Say
“I have attended several training sessions at ITdojo and I have been impressed with the seminar each time. The instructor has always gone out of his way to tailor the training to my specific situation. The small seminar size allows everyone to get significant one on one time with the instructor. On top of that, the provided slides and lab manuals have made it easy for me to go back and review material months after the traininig. ITdojo is the preferred training site for all of my network security needs.”