Solid understanding of Unix-based systems and proficiency on the Unix or Linux command line.
This training is designed to provide the skills necessary to automate tasks on a Unix or Linux system. Systems Administrators and Developers alike can avoid errors, save time and money by replacing repetitive work patterns with shell scripts. Care has been taken to present the training in a format that benefits all students, with or without previous programming experience. Guru Labs believes that the best way to learn shell scripting is writing shell scripts. For this reason, lab time is emphasized. Early labs present the scripting process step by step, while later labs are presented in a challenge format. While official solutions to each lab task are provided, students are encouraged to create their own before examining the solution. In this way, more experienced students are challenged without overwhelming the less experienced.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11
- Introduction to the Shell
- Shell Scripting Basics
- Working with Files
- Regular Expressions
- Branching and Looping
- Data Munging
- Security, Whitespace and Other Gotchas
This 2 day intructor-led training session provides participants with a comprehensive overview of Linux Fundamentals.
- A printed manual that includes all power point slides
- A copy of the lab manual, allowing participants to go back over labs until they feel comfortable with them
- Participants will have access to their own rack of equipment to complete labs.