Students should already be experienced Unix administrators. Fundamentals such as the Unix command line and how to edit files will not be covered in class. A good understanding of network concepts, the TCP/IP protocol suite, and basic Unix security is also assumed. The accelerated pace of this class makes it more difficult for unprepared students to keep up.
This is an accelerated course combining the topics in “Enterprise Linux Systems Administration” and “Enterprise Linux Networking Services”.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11
- Linux Hardware Discovery, Interaction, and Control
- Boot Process and SysV Init
- Software Maintenance
- Filesystem Administration
- LVM & RAID
- Remote Storage Administration
- User/Group Administration
- Security Administration
- Process Administration
- The X Window System
- BIND Concepts and Configuration
- Using vsFTPd and Apache
- Apache Security
- The SQUID Proxy Server
- Samba Concepts and Configuration
- Mail Services and Retrieval
- Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Installing RHEL6
This 5 day intructor-led training session provides participants with a comprehensive overview of Linux for Unix Administrators.
- A printed manual that includes all power point slides
- A copy of the lab manual, allowing participants to go back over labs until they feel comfortable with them
- Participants will have access to their own rack of equipment to complete labs.