ITIL Foundation v3 training through IT Dojo!
Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
$1700 per person
Upcoming Live Remote Online Dates:
August 15 – 17, 2016
August 22 – 24, 2016
August 29 – 31, 2016
September 6 – 8, 2016
September 12 – 14, 2016
September 26 – 28, 2016
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT-related work experience are recommended.
Learn about process improvements, benefits, and challenges of ITIL, and get your ITIL Foundation certification.
In our ITIL Foundation v3 training course, you will get an introduction to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. Using an engaging case study, you’ll learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices. Upon completing this course, you’ll be well positioned to successfully complete the associated ITIL exam required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate-level training courses.
ITIL covers five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a service lifecycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value and ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
This course includes handouts and references useful after the class, as well as practice sessions, quizzes, exam strategies, and test-taking tips. You’ll also receive a web-based exam with the purchase of this course. You must register for the exam at least four business days prior to the date you wish to take the exam.
What You’ll Learn
- Key concepts of ITIL
- Important principles for improving IT operations
- Vital processes and functions
- Practical guidance for applying ITIL to everyday IT situations
- How to align with business, control costs, and improve IT service quality
- Strategies to balance IT resources
Who should attend:
Anyone seeking ITIL Foundation certification and everyone interested in aligning IT with business, controlling or reducing IT costs, improving IT service quality, and balancing IT resources in the most effective manner. All IT professionals, IT project managers, IT managers, IT project or team members, coordinators, network operators, business process analysts, IT architects, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers and staff, planners, managed service providers, outsourcers, application developers, and other IT-related positions.
1. Service Management Defined
- IT services and what they really do
- How IT services deliver value to customers
- Value and importance of IT service management
2. ITIL Introduction
- Good practices
- Ease ITIL adoption
- ITIL qualification scheme, bodies, and certifications
3. Service Strategy
- Design, develop, and implement service management
- Service management as a strategic asset
- Setting objectives and expectations
- Identify and select prioritization opportunities
4. Service Design
- Design and develop services
- Develop processes
- Design principles and methods
- Convert strategy into services
5. Service Transition
- Develop and improve capabilities
- Improved methods for transitioning new and changed services into operation
- Manage the complexity related to changes
- Prevent undesired results while enabling innovation
6. Service Operation
- Effectively and efficiently deliver support services
- Ensure value to customer and service provider
- Maintain stability while allowing for change
- Organize to improve IT support to customers
7. Continual Service Improvement
- Create and maintain value for customers
- Importance of better design, introduction, and operation of services
- Improving service quality, business continuity, and IT efficiency
- Link improvement efforts to strategy, design, and transition
8. Exam-Taking Tips
- Important techniques to help you pass your exam
9. Practice Exams
- In-class and take-home exam preparation
- Simulated exam
Have any questions about our ITIL Foundation training? Let us know! We’re here to help you get you the answers that you need!
ITdojo is based in Virginia Beach, VA.