Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
CompTIA Security+ certification earned on or after January 1, 2011
Meet your CompTIA Security+ certification renewal requirements with this all-inclusive and convenient continuing education program.
CompTIA Security+ certifications achieved on or after January 1, 2011, are valid for three years from the date issued. Therefore, to remain certified, you must renew within three years of your certification date. Doing so helps you continuously develop IT security skills and keeps your expertise up-to-date.
You can renew your Security+ credential in two ways:
- Option 1: Pass the most current CompTIA Security+ exam prior to the three-year expiration date
- Option 2: Earn 50 continuing education units (CEUs) per renewal period by participating in qualified activities
To help you satisfy Option 2, we created our CompTIA Security+ Continuing Education (CE) Program. This convenient, all-inclusive program includes:
- Around-the-clock access to qualifying CE activities to meet your renewal requirement for a year.
- Payment of your CompTIA annual maintenance fees for the full three years
- Convenient tracking of your CE activities
With one-year access to this program of security-related web seminars and self-paced e-Learning, you can easily meet CompTIA’s Security+ 50-CEU requirement. We will regularly add material on the latest security topics.
What You’ll Learn
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Cloud computing security
- Ethical hacking
- Incident management
- IT governance
- Risk management
- Securing communications
Who Needs to Attend
CompTIA Security+ certified professionals who want to remain current
You must obtain 10 CEUs from web seminars and 40 CEUs from self paced e-Learning.
Web Seminars – 10 CEUs
Each web seminar represents 1 CEU.
- 10 Security Concerns for Cloud Computing
- Patch Management
- Identity Theft
- Physical Security
- Ethical Hacking and Risk Assessment
- How to Avoid a Cyber Disaster
- Introduction to Security Risk Management
- Protecting Your Network with Authentication and Cryptography
- Securing Communications
- Cloud Computing Security
- CISSP Certification
- Cyber Warfare: An Introduction to Law and Policy
Self-Paced e-Learning – 40 CEUs
The number of CEUs for each self-paced e-Learning topic varies based on the hours of content for each topic.
- Access Control
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Information Security (IS) Governance and Risk Management
- Software Development Security
- Security Operations
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Legal, Regulations, Investigations, and Compliance
- Physical Security
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management
- IS Program Development
- IS Program Management
- Incident Management and Response
- Auditing Information Systems
- Governance and Management of IT
- IS Acquisition, Development, and Implementation
- IS Operations, Development, and Implementation
- Malicious Code
- Monitoring and Analysis
If you are interested in getting more information or signing up for this programs, please contact us today!