Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This course is targeted toward an IT Professional that has the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. Students should have a minimum of 10 years experience including at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience. Security+ Certification or Equivalent Knowledge is recommended.
You have experience in the increasingly crucial field of information security, and now you’re ready to take that experience to the next level. CASP – CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (exam CAS-003) is the course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. Today’s IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional. This course is designed for IT professionals who want to acquire the technical knowledge and skills needed to conceptualize, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex enterprise environments.
This course supports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
What You’ll Learn
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security, including:
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
Who Needs to Attend
- IT professionals with a minimum of 10 years of experience in IT administration and at least 5 years of hands-on security in an enterprise environment
- Technical security leads in large, multi-location organizations
- Network security engineer, information systems security engineer, security architect, security consultant, and information systems security officer
Lesson 1: Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Identify the Importance of IT Governance and Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Facilitate Collaboration across Business Units
- Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
Lesson 3: Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Determine Industry Trends and Their Effects on the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
Lesson 4: Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Implement Advanced Identity and Access Management
Lesson 5: Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Select Cryptographic Techniques
- Implement Cryptography
Lesson 6: Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Select Host Hardware and Software
- Harden Hosts
- Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Protect Boot Loaders
Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Implement Mobile Device Management
- Address Security and Privacy Concerns for Mobile Devices
Lesson 8: Implementing Network Security
- Plan Deployment of Network Security Components and Devices
- Plan Deployment of Network-Enabled Devices
- Implement Advanced Network Design
- Implement Network Security Controls
Lesson 9: Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Implement Security throughout the Technology Lifecycle
- Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Implement Application Security Controls
Lesson 10: Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Standards and Best Practices in Enterprise Security
- Select Technical Deployment Models
- Integrate Cloud-Augmented Security Services
- Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Integrate Data Security in the Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Enterprise Applications in a Secure Architecture
Lesson 11: Conducting Security Assessments
- Select Security Assessment Methods
- Perform Security Assessments with Appropriate Tools
Lesson 12: Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Prepare for Incident Response and Forensic Investigations
- Conduct Incident Response and Forensic Analysis
Appendix A: Taking the Exams
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Exam CAS-003
This 5 day intructor-led training session provides participants with a comprehensive overview of materials that are covered on the CASP exam. Our courseware is developed in-house, allowing us to give our clients the most up-to-date information in this area of study as well as the incorporation of real world networking experiences. Each participant will receive:
- A CASP Textbook
- A printed manual that includes all power point slides
- One-on-one help during labs
- Certification vouchers can be added to cost of training (optional)
What Clients Have to Say
“Thank you both for the class and the assistance you gave us. I totally endorse ITdojo and will advise others of the fantastic training I received!! You guys provided me with what I needed to succeed!!”