Get CISM training in Norfolk, VA or on-site at your location
3 full days if in person, 5 half days if live online.
Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
Five years of experience with audit, IT systems, and security of information systems; systems administration experience; familiarity with TCP/IP; and an understanding of UNIX, Linux, and Windows. This advanced course also requires intermediate-level knowledge of the security concepts covered in the Security+ certification.
Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) provides three testing opportunities each year, so we developed this Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam prep course to help you get it right the first time. The course focuses on advanced risk management and specific compliance and security management operations. Along with our custom course material, you’ll receive a free copy of ISACA’s CISM Review Manual 2013.
Interested in group training toward 8570.1 compliancy? This course can be a component of our 8570.1 Training Solution that can also include assessments, certification preparation and program management, post training and testing, 8570 compliancy tracking and reporting, and continuing education.
The CISM exam is offered three times a year (June, September and December) and consists of 200 multiple-choice questions. The CISM exam is focused on the four domains defined by ISACA.
What You’ll Learn
In-depth coverage of the four domains required to pass the CISM exam:
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management and Compliance
- Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Incident Management
Experienced information security managers and those who have information security management responsibilities, including IT consultants, auditors, managers, security policy writers, privacy officers, information security officers, network administrators, security device administrators, and security engineers.
1. Testing-Taking Tips and Study Techniques
- Preparation for the CISM exam
- Submitting Required Paperwork
- Resources and Study Aids
- Passing the Exam the First Time
2. Information Security Governance
- Asset Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Asset Management
3. Information Risk Management
- Asset Classification and Ownership
- Structured Information Risk Assessment Process
- Business Impact Assessments
- Change Management
4. Information Security Program Development
- Information Security Strategy
- Program Alignment of Other Assurance Functions
- Development of Information Security Architectures
- Security Awareness, Training, and Education
- Communication and Maintenance of Standards, Procedures, and Other Documentation
- Change Control
- Lifecycle Activities
- Security Metrics
5. Information Security Program Management
- Security Program Management Overview
- Security Baselines
- Business Processes
- Security Program Infrastructure
- Lifecycle Methodologies
- Security Impact on Users
- Security Metrics
- Managing Resources
6. Incident Management and Response
- Response Management Overview
- Importance of Response Management
- Performing a Business Impact Analysis
- Developing Response and Recovery Plans
- The Incident Response Process
- Implementing Response and Recovery Plans
- Response Documentation
- Post-Event Reviews
7. Review and Q&A Session
- Final Review and Test Prep