Self Paced (4 hours)
Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
The Virtualization and Cloud Awareness course provides a 4-hour, interactive, online learning experience. This self-paced elearning course is ideal for those who require a basic understanding of the virtualization and cloud computing concepts in a time-efficient manner. The course has been designed for learners who need this basic awareness as a general interest — as part of a larger program initiative — as opposed to the full certification Virtualization and Cloud Foundation courses.
The Awareness course will be of interest to:
- IT and business executives who want to receive an overview of the concepts and the significance of virtualization and cloud computing.
- IT and business staff who need a brief overview and awareness of the virtualization and cloud computing concepts.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization and cloud computing and be able to give examples.
- Understand the technical capabilities and business benefits of virtualization and cloud computing and how to measure these benefits.
- Describe the landscape of different types of virtualization and understand the different types of clouds.
- Illustrate how key application features can be delivered on virtual infrastructures.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization technologies.
- Understand the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Concepts and Definitions
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization in Context
- Suitability for Organizations
- Server Virtualization
- Workplace Virtualization
- Business Value
- Adopting Virtualization
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Service Model
- Cloud Service Providers
- Risks Connected to Cloud Computing