In an increasingly interconnected and complex IT environment, IT management is under pressure to deliver more agile IT services and adapt to change. Organizations are adopting strategies that include cloud computing to meet these challenges and offer repeatable, flexible and scalable services. Service Management professionals are challenged to help organizations optimally ensure measurable service delivery and management in cloud environments.
The Cloud Service Design, Deployment and Run course enables Senior (ITIL) Service Managers to design and deliver cloud services. This training is delivered as a 3-day classroom or virtual classroom program and provides a hands-on, practical approach to understanding how cloud impacts operational processes, and how to adapt these processes to deliver better services.
The course materials include comprehensive reference materials that help to continue participants’ educational experience post the course. The course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Service Manager (PCSM) Exam provided by the Cloud Credential Council. The PCSM is endorsed, recognized and/or supported by several key technology vendors and standards bodies. The content for this course, as well as the PCSM certification is based on the cloud standards developed by NIST.
- The Professional Cloud Service Manager course will be of interest to:
- Service Managers (with an ITIL background)
- Service Management professionals
- Cloud Strategy and Management Consultants
- Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
At the end of this course, the participant will gain competencies in and be able to:
- Compare Suppliers, Brokers and Carrier Management
- Design Cloud Service Strategy
- Deconstruct Federated Cloud Service Desk
- Comprehend Cloud Asset Transition Management
- Apply Cloud Ecosystem Management
- Outline Service Management in different Cloud Scenarios
- Differentiate Cloud Tiers and analyze Service Management Availability
- Illustrate Distributed and Federated SLA
- Show Cost of Quality, Acquisition, Transition and Operation in Cloud
- Spot Cloud Market Operations (IaaS)
- Analyze key issues for managing cloud platform services
- Analyze stages in effective capacity management across platforms
- Outline Platform Capacity Management
- Illustrate role of SaaS Service Manager
- Construct different on-line sourcing environment options: directories, catalogs, apps stores, marketplaces, crowd sourcing scenarios
- Distinguishes the key service management factors involved in marketplace and catalog provision
- Analyze the key license management issues in a variety of given scenarios, including on-premise and off-premise models.
There are no formal prerequisites; however, it is recommended that participants have achieved the Cloud Technology Associate certification (or its equivalent) from the Cloud Credential Council (and that participants are conversant with Cloud concepts and vocabulary). Participants further benefit from a strong background in IT service management, and preferably are ITIL Expert, or have completed one or multiple ITIL intermediate certifications.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the Participant Handbook.
About the Examination:
The Professional Cloud Service Manager Certification is the most recognized and well-respected Professional Certification provided by the Cloud Credential Council (CCC). Professional Certifications are awarded to candidates who have completed an approved certification-training program.
Information on recommended follow-on training courses, including approved technology certification, is available from the Cloud Credential website (www.cloudcredential.org).
- Suppliers, Brokers and Carrier Management
- Cost of Quality, Acquisition, Transition and Operation in Cloud
- Managed Cloud Platform
- Cloud Service Strategy
- IaaS Service Manager
- Platform Capacity Management
- Federated Cloud Service Desk
- IaaS: Deployment Automation and Elastic Sizing of Environments
- SaaS Service Manager
- Cloud Asset Transition Management
- IaaS: Cloud Infrastructure Service Benchmarking
- SaaS: Cloud service catalogs and application marketplaces (SaaS)
- Cloud Ecosystem Management
- IaaS: VM Deployment and Maintenance Life Cycle
- End to End Service Management (SaaS)
- Service Management in different Cloud Scenarios
- Spot Cloud Market Operations (IaaS)
- Service License Management
- Cloud Tiers and Service Management Availability
- PaaS Service Manager
- Certification Exam Preparation
- Distributed and Federated SLA