Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
There are no formal prerequisites; however, it is recommended that participants have achieved the Cloud Technology Associate certification (or its equivalent) from the Cloud Credential Council (and that participants are conversant with cloud concepts and vocabulary). It is further recommended that participants are TOGAF Certified (or its equivalent).
This course is designed for technology professionals who architect the technology solutions that support the changing requirements due to adoption of cloud computing, and help organizations leverage the opportunities that cloud is creating. Solution Architects need to understand the impact that cloud is having on business and information architecture, application design, data management, and security architecture—and be very familiar with the topology and eco-systems that are being created as a result of increasing adoption of cloud technologies and operating models.
The Cloud Solution Architect course is designed for senior technology professionals who are architecting and designing the future generation of technology solutions. This training is delivered as a 3-day classroom or virtual classroom program. The training covers the critical concepts, and supplements this with hands-on, practical exercises, and case studies, which extensively refer to the technologies from the most important technologies, platforms and cloud standards.
The course materials include comprehensive reference materials that help to continue the participants’ educational experience after the course. The course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Solutions Architect Certification (PCSA) Exam provided by the Cloud Credential Council. The PCSA is endorsed, recognized and/or supported by several key technology vendors and standards bodies. The content for this course, as well as the PCSA certification is based on the cloud standards developed by NIST.
The Cloud Design, Build, Transition and Transformation course will be of interest to:
- Technology Architects
- Application Architects
- System Architects
- Cloud Strategy Consultants
- Enterprise Architects
- Senior Developers
At the end of this course, the participant will gain competencies in and be able to:
- Explain the history of Cloud Computing and its impact on business and IT Architecture
- Demonstrate the key engineering concepts of operating “as a Service”
- Explain the impact of Cloud Computing on Service Management
- Understand Consumer & Provider Perspectives on Setting Up Cloud Environments
- Evaluating a Cloud Solution Architecture
- Migrating and transitioning to a Cloud environment
- Cloud Computing topology and emerging eco-systems
- Service Management Lifecycles and Cloud
- Consumer and Provider perspective on setting up cloud environments
- Security Architecture and Cloud
- Cloud ecosystems
- Targeting the right solution architecture
- Evaluating a IaaS Solution architecture
- Writing a IaaS Solution Architecture Specification
- Developing a IaaS Business Case
- Migration, Legacy Transition and Transformation to IaaS
- Evaluating a PaaS Solution architecture
- Writing a PaaS Solution Architecture Specification
- Developing a PaaS Business Case
- Migration, Legacy Transition and Transformation to PaaS
- Evaluating a SaaS Solution architecture
- Writing a SaaS Solution Architecture Specification
- Developing a SaaS Business Case
- Migration, Legacy Transition and Transformation to SaaS
- Certification Exam Preparation
About the Examination:
The Professional Cloud Solutions Architect Certification is the most recognized and well-respected Professional Certification provided by the Cloud Credential Council (CCC). Professional Certifications are awarded to candidates who have completed an approved certification-training program.