This training typically runs for 10 days, over two weeks, M-F 8:30AM – 5:00PM. Course length can be tailored to your needs. We can make it five (5) days or fifteen (15) based on topics you wish to explore.
This course provides intensive hands-on experience building, configuring and utilizing small board computers (SBCs) like the Raspberry Pi (and others) for use in Electronic Warfare (EW) scenarios. Once completed, students will be able to implement a large variety of various SBC setups to achieve their specific use cases. This course is designed to be customizable for your needs, with an emphasis on edge-case, non-standard, implementations that are required by EW operator Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP).
This course is available to law enforcement and US government personnel only.
Basic Course Format:
This course is fully immersive with practical, hands-on, exercise scenarios that mirror EW-relevant situations. To achieve this, a minimum of course time is dedicated to lecture. Here is a general breakdown of how your class time is spent:
- Hands-on usage & configuration – 90-95%
- Lecture & discussion – 5-10%
Based on the individual needs of the organization from which students come, the course begins with building and configuring their SBC for use. Once built, the course will focus on developing a variety of skills in realistic scenarios. The remaining portion of the course is customizable and can include many of the following topics. We will work with you to develop the specific topics included in the rest of the course, creating an agenda that is mapped to your specific needs. Topics can include:
- TCP/IP fundamentals & review (as necessary based on prior experience)
- Network traffic routing (and dealing with edge-case routing scenarios)
- Configuring Linux OS’, specifically Kali; this includes many of the built-in tools offered by Kali as well as using the underlying OS to achieve different security objectives (iptables & firewall configuration, NAT, service configuration, kernel event monitoring, etc.)
- Analysis & exploitation of 802.11 Wireless LANs
- Network analysis and evaluation to identify targets & potential attack vectors
- Leveraging advanced SSH techniques and modern VPN technologies for a wide variety of connection scenarios
- Scripting repetitive tasks and creating custom tools using shell scripting (bash, zsh) and Python3
- Bluetooth Sniffing, Monitoring & Attack techniques
- Integrating different wireless methods (Bluetooth, 802.11, LTE) into specific use-case scenarios
Create Your Customized Course
Contact us and based on your needs, we will provide a detailed, custom course agenda for you to approve.
We work with you to define course deliverables.
Once this course is completed you can set up a 1-week follow up course that puts the skills learned into challenge-based scenarios. This follow-up course includes:
- 2 days of prep time
- 2 days of challenge scenarios for students to approach
- 1 day of debrief and discussion