Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This three-day course WS-012T00-A is intended primarily for IT Professionals who have experience with managing an on-premises Windows Server environment. Its purpose is to prepare professionals for planning, implementing, and managing environments that include Azure IaaS-hosted Windows Server-based workloads. The course covers how to leverage the hybrid capabilities of Azure, how to migrate virtual and physical server workloads to Azure IaaS, and how to manage and secure Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the foundational principles of Azure IaaS, including compute, storage, and networking.
- Identify tools used to implement hybrid solutions, including Windows Admin Center and PowerShell.
- Implement identity in Hybrid scenarios, including AD DS on Azure IaaS and managed AD DS.
- Integrate AD DS with Azure AD.
- Manage and monitor hybrid scenarios using WAC, Azure Arc, Azure Automation and Azure Monitor.
- Enhance hybrid security using Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, and Windows Update Management.
- Implement File Services in hybrid scenarios, using Azure Files and Azure File Sync.
- Plan and implement hybrid and cloud-only migration, backup, and recovery scenarios.
- Deploy Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019, and configure networking, storage, and security.
- Manage and maintain Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019.
1 – INTRODUCING AZURE HYBRID IAAS WITH WINDOWS SERVER 2019
- Overview of Azure IaaS
- Overview of the Azure Hybrid Model
- Using hybrid admin tools
2 – IMPLEMENTING IDENTITY IN HYBRID SCENARIOS
- Implementing AD DS on Azure IaaS
- Integrating AD DS with Azure AD
- Implementing managed AD DS environments
3 – FACILITATING HYBRID MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONAL MONITORING IN HYBRID SCENARIOS
- Windows Admin Center
- Azure Arc
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Automation
4 – IMPLEMENTING SECURITY SOLUTIONS IN HYBRID SCENARIOS
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Sentinel
- Managing Windows Updates
5 – IMPLEMENTING FILE SERVICES IN HYBRID SCENARIOS
- Implementing Azure Files
- Implementing Azure File Sync
6 – DEPLOYING AND CONFIGURING AZURE VMS
- Deploying Azure VMs
- Configuring Azure VM networking
- Configuring Azure VM storage
- Configuring Azure VM security
7 – MANAGING AND MAINTAINING AZURE VMS
- Managing Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019
- Maintaining Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019
8 – PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING MIGRATION AND RECOVERY SERVICES IN HYBRID SCENARIOS
- Azure Migrate
- Storage Migration Server
- Azure Site Recovery
- Storage Replica
- Azure Backup