This course will teach you how to manage your Azure subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
It help prepare you for the AZ-103: Microsoft Azure Administrator exam.
What You’ll Learn:
- Implement access management with Azure users, groups, and role-based access control.
- Use Azure Monitor to configure Azure alerts and review the Azure Activity Log.
- Query and analyze Log Analytics data.
- Deploy resources with ARM templates and organize Azure resources.
- Optimize your use of Azure tools like the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, Cloud Shell and the Azure CLI.
- Create Azure storage accounts for different data replication, pricing, and content scenarios.
- Implement virtual machine storage, blob storage, Azure files, and structured storage.
- Secure and manage storage with shared access keys, Azure backup, and Azure File Sync.
- Store and access data using Azure Content Delivery Network, and the Import and Export service.
- Explain virtual machine usage cases, storage options, pricing, operating systems, networking capabilities, and general planning considerations.
- Create Windows virtual machines in the Azure Portal, with Azure PowerShell, or using ARM Templates.
- Deploy custom server images and Linux virtual machines.
- Configure virtual machine networking and storage options.
- Implement virtual machine high availability, scalability, and custom scripts extensions.
- Backup, restore, and monitor virtual machines.
- Understand virtual networking components, IP addressing, and network routing options.
- Implement Azure DNS domains, zones, record types, and resolution methods.
- Configure network security groups, service endpoints, logging, and network troubleshooting.
- Implement site connectivity schemas including VNet-to-VNet connections and virtual network peering.
- Implement Azure Active Directory, Self-Service Password Reset, Azure AD Identity Protection, and integrated SaaS applications.
- Configure domains and tenants, users and groups, roles, and devices.
- Implement and manage Azure Active Directory integration options and Azure AD Application Proxy.
- Implement and configure Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, and Azure Application Gateway.
- Use Azure RBAC to grant a granular level of access based on an administrator’s assigned tasks.
- Use Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to configure a strong authentication for users at sign-in.
Module 1: Azure Administration
In this module, you’ll learn about the tools Azure Administrators use to manage their infrastructure. This includes the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, Resource Manager, and Resource Manager Templates. The demonstrations in this module will ensure you are successful in the course labs.
- Azure Portal and Cloud Shell
- Azure PowerShell and CLI
- Resource Manager
- ARM Templates
Module 2: Azure Virtual Machines
In this module, you’ll learn about Azure virtual machines including planning, creating, availability and extensions.
- Virtual Machine Planning
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Availability
- Virtual Machine Extensions
Module 3: Azure Storage
In this module, you’ll learn about basic storage features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files, and storage security.
- Storage Accounts
- Azure Blobs
- Azure Files
- Storage Security
Module 4: Virtual Networking
In this module, you’ll learn about basic virtual networking concepts like virtual networks, IP addressing, Azure DNS, and network security groups.
- Virtual Networks
- IP Addressing and Endpoints
- Azure DNS
- Network Security Groups
Module 5: Intersite Connectivity
In this module, you’ll learn about intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering, VNet-to-VNet connections, Site-to-Site Connections, and ExpressRoute.
- VNet Peering
- VNet-to-VNet Connections
- ExpressRoute Connections
Module 6: Monitoring
In this module, you’ll learn about monitoring your Azure infrastructure including Azure Monitor, alerting, log analytics, and Network Watcher.
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Alerts
- Log Analytics
- Network Watcher
Module 7: Data Protection
In this module, you’ll learn about data replication strategies, backing up files and folders, and virtual machine backups.
- Data Replication
- File and Folder Backups
- Virtual Machine Backups
Module 8: Network Traffic Management
In this module, you’ll learn about network traffic strategies including service endpoints, network routing, Azure Load Balancer, and Azure Traffic Manager.
- Network Routing
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Traffic Manager
Module 9: Azure Active Directory
In this module, you’ll learn about Azure Active Directory (AD) including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD Join.
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Connect
- Azure AD Join
Module 10: Securing Identities
In this module, you’ll learn how to secure identities including Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Self-Service Password Reset
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Self-Service Password Reset
Module 11: Governance and Compliance
In this module, you’ll learn about managing your subscriptions and accounts including role-based access control, users and groups, and Azure policy.
- Subscriptions and Accounts
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Users and Groups
- Azure Policy
Module 12: Data Services
In this module, you’ll learn how to effectively share data using Import and Export service, Data Box, Content Delivery Network, and File Sync.
- Content Delivery Network
- File Sync
- Import and Export Service
- Data Box