Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
This course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy & support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, & more advanced content including software defined networking.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement software defined networking.
1 – PLANNING & IMPLEMENTING AN IPV4 NETWORK
- Planning IPv4 addressing
- Configuring an IPv4 host
- Managing and troubleshooting IPv4 network connectivity
- Lab: Planning an IPv4 network
- Lab: Implementing and troubleshooting an IPv4 network
2 – IMPLEMENTING DHCP
- Overview of the DHCP server role
- Deploying DHCP
- Managing and troubleshooting DHCP
- Lab: Implementing DHCP
3 – IMPLEMENTING IPV6
- Overview of IPv6 addressing
- Configuring an IPv6 host
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
- Lab: Implementing IPv6
- Lab: Configuring and evaluating IPv6 transition technologies
4 – IMPLEMENTING DNS
- Implementing DNS servers
- Configuring zones in DNS
- Configuring name resolution between DNS zones
- Configuring DNS integration with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
- Lab: Planning and implementing name resolution by using DNS
- Lab: Integrating DNS with Active Directory
- Lab: Configuring advanced DNS settings
5 – IMPLEMENTING & MANAGING IPAM
- IPAM overview
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces by using IPAM
- Lab: Implementing IPAM
6 – REMOTE ACCESS IN WINDOWS SERVER 2016
- Remote access overview
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
- Lab: Implementing Web Application Proxy
7 – IMPLEMENTING DIRECTACCESS
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and managing an advanced DirectAccess infrastructure
- Lab: Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
- Lab: Deploying an advanced DirectAccess solution
8 – IMPLEMENTING VPNS
- Planning VPNs
- Implementing VPNs
- Lab: Implementing a VPN
- Lab: Troubleshooting VPN access
9 – IMPLEMENTING NETWORKING FOR BRANCH OFFICES
- Networking features and considerations for branch offices
- Implementing Distributed File System (DFS) for branch offices
- Implementing BranchCache for branch offices
- Lab: Implementing DFS for branch offices
- Lab: Implementing BranchCache
10 – CONFIGURING ADVANCED NETWORKING FEATURES
- Overview of high performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
- Lab Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
11 – IMPLEMENTING SOFTWARE-DEFINED NETWORKING
- Overview of software defined networking
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller
- Lab: Implementing Network Controller