This course will prepare participants to take the FC0-U61 exam to obtain the IT Fundamentals+ certification and help participants learn some of the basic principles and techniques of providing PC, mobile, applications, and network support.
Employees of federal, state and local governments; and businesses working with the government.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
On course completion, participants will be able to:
- Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications.
- Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system.
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles.
- Describe some principles of software and database development.
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the Internet.
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.
1 – Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identify Types of Computing Devices
- Identify Internal Computer Components
- Common Computer Connector Types
- Identify Common Peripheral Devices
2 – Identifying Computer Software
- Compare Functions and Features of Common Operating Systems
- Identify Application Software
3 – Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Connect Hardware
- Install and Configure Operating Systems
- Install and Configure Applications
- Configure Accessibility Options
4 – Configuring Network Access
- Network Connection Types
- Install and Configure a SOHO Router
- Network and Alternative Technologies
- Sharing and Storage Methods
5 – Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Create Files
- Navigate a File Structure
- Manage Files and Folders
- Compress and Extract Files
- Create Screen Captures
6 – Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Configuring Wireless Devices
- Use Wireless Devices
7 – Securing Computing Devices
- Identify Security Threats
- Apply Security Best Practices
- Perform Secure Web Browsing
8 – Supporting Computers and Users
- Environmental and Safety Concepts
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Manage Software
- Implement Basic Support Measures