During the week of June 17 – 21, 2013, ITdojo will be hosting a training Read more →
Posted by:Admin | Posted on: May 22nd, 2013 | 0 CommentsDuring the week of June 17 - 21, 2013, ITdojo will be hosting a training session that is aimed at Digital Forensics right here in Virginia Beach. We are bringing in an industry expert to deliver this one of a kind course that will be of significant benefit to IT professionals looking to increase their knowledge about digital forensics techniques! This is a rare opportunity in this area! As of right now, we have limited seating available. If you or any of your colleagues are interested in taking advantage of this training opportunity, please reach out to us at email@example.com to learn more about pricing and seating availability! We are limiting this session to a maximum of nine students! UPDATE! As of May 30, this session is now full. If you would like to get on the waiting list in case someone is unable to attend or would like to be kept updated as to when the next session will run, please email Nick@itdojo.com.
Posted by:Admin | Posted on: February 5th, 2013 | 0 CommentsThose of you that have taken our vSphere Ultimate Bootcamp, know what great lengths we go to to ensure you get an awesome training package at an affordable price. Now that you have mastered the administration of VMware, it is time to dig a little bit deaper with our VMware Security Training! This security course provides a solid understanding of the various components that make up the vSphere environment. From the virtual CPU to the storage devices attached to your host and everything in and around that network, we will study and understand the interconnectivity and design of all those components. You will walk away with a solid understanding of how the adversary infiltrates the virtual environment and most importantly how you can secure that environment. You will study the virtual components that VMware® has developed in the vSphere product line, including the vCpu, vMemory, vNetwork, vStorage, ESX/I host, virtual center, update manager and many other plug-ins, appliances and third-party mitigation tools. If you would like more information regarding this training or would like a price quote please contact us today!
Posted by:Admin | Posted on: February 1st, 2013 | 0 CommentsWe spotted this interesting IPv6 article this morning written by Angus Kidman at Lifehacker and wanted to share it with you. Here's an excerpt: "We’ve known for decades that the available pool of IPv4 address was eventually going to dry up, but despite numerous warnings usage of its successor IPv6 is still minimal. Why haven’t we migrated yet? Geoff Huston, chief scientist for regional internet registry APNIC, suggests that the answer is that carriers are too cheap to make the switch and are happy to rely on network address translation (NAT) systems instead." Read the full article here. If you find that your organization is moving to IPv6 or that you recently have and need training, please be sure to give us a call. We can help!
Posted by:Admin | Posted on: January 22nd, 2013 | 0 CommentsMost will agree that there is no substitute for instructor-led classroom training. The interaction and dialogue between teacher and student is tough to beat. But tight budgets and even tighter business needs can make it difficult to break away from the office to attend training. You need to be better at your job but you’re so busy doing your job you can’t take time to get better. Enter the next evolution in learning: Remote Online Training. Remote Online Training can help maximize your ever-shrinking training dollars while creating new opportunities with tight schedules. But is it good enough to replace being in the classroom with the instructor? Definitely maybe! Allow me to explain. Some of the most important criteria in any good training offering are:
- Quality of Instruction – Training is a waste of time and money if the instructor isn’t good at what he/she is doing and able to convey the information in a way that is useful and meaningful.
- Cost Effectiveness – When it comes to price, remote online training has an advantage over instructor-led classroom learning. Put simply, training dollars go farther when instructor and student don’t have to come together in the same room for learning.
- Ease of Scheduling – Many remote training solutions allow you to learn on your own schedule rather than taking time out of the normal work day. You can attend training pretty much anywhere you have a computer and Internet connectivity.
- Quality of Interaction – Training needs to provide value and it needs to engage you in the learning process. This is a lot easier to do when you are sitting face-to-face with the instructor who is interacting with you. If you are remote, staying involved is more difficult and you are more likely to mentally wander or literally get pulled away.
- Computer-Based Training (CBT)
- Live Remote Online Instructor-Led Training
- Repeatable. You can watch the same lecture over again.
- Controllable. Pause, rewind, fast-forward, etc.
- Portable. CBT’s are often available on-line or via CD/DVD. If you can store the videos on your computer you can watch them anywhere.
- Non-Interactive. You can’t ask the instructor questions (in real-time) and you don’t benefit from the input of other students in the classroom.
- It’s Live. The class is real and interactive.
- Real-Time Interaction. Remote students can ask questions in real time. They can use their web cam, keyboard and computer screen to interact and ask questions as well as participate in the labs at the data center remotely.
- Cost-Effective. Remote Online Training is often less expensive than classroom training. Combine this with the elimination of travel costs to/from training and the cost benefits are unmistakable.
- You’re still not there. Because you are not in the physical classroom you will still find it easier to mentally or physically wander.
- No really, you’re still not there. Being physically present for any event is almost always more impactful.
Posted by:Admin | Posted on: January 10th, 2013 | 0 CommentsJust in! Our clients ask for specific training and ITdojo makes sure they get what they need! We've got a new training partner that is allowing us to bring NetApp, Citrix XenApp, Cisco MPLS and Wireshark training to Hampton Roads! All of these training sessions are of the highest caliber and will get you further along the path to IT Zen! Take a look at the links below to learn more!
- NetApp® Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Implementing Cisco MPLS
- Wireshark Packet Analyisis
Posted by:Admin | Posted on: December 21st, 2012 | 1 CommentsWe are proud to announce that we will be putting together a program in which we host a free two hour training session every other week at our Virginia Beach training center to discuss various topics in IT networking and information assurance. Our plan is to have this course on evenings twice a month from 6pm - 8:30pm. Days are to be determined depending on the interest level we receive. Topics will vary from wireless security, IPv6 transition, to basic and advanced networking topics. The training sessions will not be geared towards certification preparation. These sessions will be a way for us to give something back to our current and previous clients and to help new clients learn about ITdojo and the quality of training that we deliver. We assure you that these unique training sessions will be filled with quality content and will not be a sales pitch in any way at all. If you want more information about further training after a session, we leave that up to you to ask. If you are interested in becoming a part of this group please fill out the form below. [wufoo username="itdojo" formhash="q7x3s5" autoresize="true" height="598" header="show"]